OVEN FRIED FISH SLIDERS
The crunch alone will get you addicted to these flavorful and healthier fish sandwiches.
- 1 cup panko
- 1 cup flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup cold beer
- 1 pound cod, cut into 8, even pieces
- 8 slider buns
- Sandwich toppings
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine 1/2 of flour with the salt and pepper in a shallow. Stir with a fork until well blended.
- Combine the remaining flour with the cornstarch, egg white, and beer in a shallow dish. Stir with whisk until the flour and cornstarch are blended into the beer.
- Place the panko on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Toast the panko until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before placing in a shallow dish.
- Using paper towels, dry the fish off. Dredge the fish in the flour, then dip into the batter, and then coat with panko before placing on a baking sheet fitted with a rack.
- Spray the fish with cooking spray (or use an oil mister) and bake the fish for 5 minutes. Turn the fish over, spray again, and bake an additional 5 to 7 minutes depending on the thickness of your fish.
- While the fish is cooking, prepare your buns with your sandwich toppings of choice (we used vine ripe yellow tomatoes and homemade tartar sauce mixing mayonnaise, some sweet relish, capers, dry mustard, and dill weed together). Serve with crispy baked fries.
Source, credits, more information & recipes: akitchenhoor.com