Pizza Tater Tot Casserole
This comforting casserole has
three layers of goodness
AUTHOR: Stacie | SimplyStacie
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 2 mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 213 ml cans pizza sauce
- 1 800g package frozen Tater Tots
- 1/4 cup pepperoni
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef, sausage and bacon. Cook for 7 minutes. Add in mushrooms, onions, garlic and green pepper. Cook an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until meat is cooked and veggies are softened. Stir in pizza sauce.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread pizza mixture evenly on the bottom. Cover completely with Tater Tots.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Bake an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with Italian seasoning. Serve hot.
Source, credits, & more information: SimplyStacie