Work Wednesday: Detroit Lakes
Direct Support Professional (DSP)
-Blue Sky Inc
Blue Sky, Inc. of Detroit Lakes is seeking a Direct Support Professional who is self-motivated and has a desire to see others succeed while working one-on-one with individuals with disabilities. The primary purpose of this position is to ensure the safety and well-being of the individuals Blue Sky, Inc. provides services to, while implementing individual outcomes, documenting progress, and response to program services. Must work well with others, and be able to plan/promote independent living and job skills development. Part-time, full-time, and flexible hours are available. Wage based on experience. Casual work environment. Qualifications: high school diploma/GED with training available, and pass background check. For more information, contact the Blue Sky office for an application, or email resume.
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Easily apply: Blue Sky Inc
Hotel General Manager
-National Hospitality Services
National Hospitality Services is located in Fargo, North Dakota but this position is for a General Manager at a hotel in Detroit Lakes, MN area.
National Hospitality Services (NHS) has a passion for results. Throughout our many years in the hospitality industry, we have proven the ability to deliver service and value. Our expertise covers a broad range of lodging options, from extended stay and limited service properties, to full-service hotels featuring restaurants and convention centers.
The General Manager is responsible for continually focusing on achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation, cost control, guest satisfaction and developing employees, while maintaining the integrity of the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures compliance with management company and franchise standards for personnel administration and performance, service to patrons, and room rates
- Delivers outstanding guest service and financial performance
- Delegates authority and assigns responsibility to all employees; supervises work activities of all employees
- Ensure staff receives proper training for each position, including safety training and standard operating procedures
- Allocates funds, authorizes expenditures, and assists departmental managers in budget planning
- Monitors cost controls for each department on a regular basis
- Performs duties of a Sales and Marketing manager as needed including making sales calls; attending community business functions; working with travel agents, direct bill accounts; and coordinate sales promotions
- Inspects guests' rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness and appearance
- Answers patrons' complaints and resolves problems to maintain Guest Satisfaction
- Handles and resolves employee issues
- Conducts annual wage scale surveys and ensures employee wages follow wage and salary guidelines
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures
- Ensures bank deposits are made daily, including weekends and holidays
- Ensures employee paperwork, work schedules and payroll are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Audits daily reports and processes monthly reports
- Order supplies and equipment as needed and in accordance with company procedures
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a hotel General Manager is required.
- Ideal candidate will have a sound background in sales, operations, yield management, financial reporting and delegation.
- This is an excellent opportunity for a proven leader looking for a quality, team-oriented, profitable property.
- Highly energetic and motivated individual
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential
- Self-Starter with ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities
- Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner
- Adaptable to change
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include, but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- High level of flexibility regarding overtime during times busy periods as required by the business
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
Job Type: Full-time
- hotel management: 5 years (Required)
Easily apply: National Hospitality Services
-Action Fabricating, Inc
Action Fabricating, Inc. is a growing ISO certified, custom metal fabricating company for some of the world's largest OEM's. We are proud to offer our customer's world class manufacturing at any of our 4 locations across the country. We offer a fast-paced environment, with a great benefits package and competitive wages. We focus on building a quality team and staying on top of innovation with our buildings and equipment to offer the best, most satisfying customer service experience to our customers.
We are currently seeking highly motivated, self-driven individuals to join our 1st and 2nd shift welding teams at our location in Detroit Lakes, MN.
Under general supervision, operates a manual welder and inspects/ensures the production of quality parts. Help with design of jigs and fixtures for a safe and efficient operation.
1. Ability to visualize and interpret blue prints and sketches.
2. Manufacture quality parts by referring to the pattern, and paperwork.
3. Ability to use the basic inspection equipment (calipers, height gauge, etc.) to be able to inspect parts being produced by the individual.
4. Ability to produce quality welds.
5. Ability to adjust to changes in production requirements.
6. Ability to acknowledge problems with the welder and be able to get the correct individual involved.
7. Maintain a clean and safe work area for efficient operation.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Experience and Skills Required:
At least two years of wire welding and other related mechanical and shop experience preferred which includes the following skills and abilities:
1. Ability to understand, follow and issue routine oral and written instructions.
2. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
3. Knowledge of basic welding.
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Welding: 4 years (Preferred)
Easily apply: Action Fabricating, Inc
Washroom - Cleaners
Under the direction of the Screenprint Supervisor and Lead, this position is accountable for cleaning screens including, spraying out, pulling tape, and preparing silk screens for coating process. This position will provide first steps in the reclamation process. Responsible for checking screens for holes or broken framing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Wash out screens including pull tape
- Follows safety practices. Identifies problems and works to resolve safety issues as they occur in accordance to OSHA standards.
- Works actively with others to get the job done.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school education desirable, but not required.
- Ability to work well in a team and think independently.
- Must be reliable, responsible and take direction well.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks for several hours.
- Ability to be stand for 8-10 hours a day.
- Previous production experience preferred, but not required.
Cognitive or Mental Requirements of the Job:
Employee must be able to see and hear, read and write. Requires adaptability, analyzing, assessing, calculating, decision making, dependability, judgment, reading, speaking, following direction, handling multiple priorities, reasoning.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. This document should in no way be considered a contract or guarantee of employment. Employee may perform other related duties as needed based on the ongoing needs of the business. Minnesota is an Employment-At-Will state and implies no specific length of employment.
Easily apply: Lakeshirts
Merchandiser Full Time
FULL TIME MERCHANDISER - DETROIT LAKES
Join the winning team! Join Viking Coca-Cola Bottling and be a team member for the most known brand in the WORLD!
We are currently accepting applications for a Full Time Merchandiser position in the Detroit Lakes, MN area. This position is responsible for maintaining proper inventory of products at customer stores and assures that product is presented and organized according to company merchandising standards.
Requires use of personal vehicle with a valid driver's license, current vehicle insurance and a good driving record.
We offer a competitive compensation package inclusive of: medical, dental, vision insurances, life, STD, LTD, Flex, 401k, Vacation and PTO.
Interested candidates can apply at our website: www.vikingcocacola.com
or in person @:
Viking Coca-Cola Bottling Company
832 Industrial Park Blvd
Fergus Falls, MN 56537
Viking Coca Cola is proud to be an EEO and Veteran Friendly employer!
images: Company sites & flickr