BLOOD ORANGE QUINOA SALAD
Full of juicy blood oranges, protein-packed quinoa & black beans, & tons of veggies, this Blood Orange Quinoa Salad is perfect for a light dinner or lunch!
Author: Emilie | EmilieEats
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 ripe avocado, chopped
- Rinse quinoa in a small mesh strainer. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat; add quinoa. Cook for 1-2 minutes until lightly toasted. Add 1 cup water; turn heat to high. Once boiling, cover and cook for 13-15 minutes, until fluffy.
- In a large bowl, add quinoa, black beans, oranges, cabbage, walnuts, and cilantro. Stir until ingredients are fully combined.
- In a small bowl, add orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, salt, garlic, and pepper. Whisk to combine. Pour over the salad mixture; stir until the dressing is evenly distributed.
- Gently fold in avocado. Stir to combine.
- Serve cold; top with additional cilantro, if desired.
If you don’t plan on eating the salad right after making, store the dressing separately and mix in right before eating.
Source. images, credits & more information: EmilieEats