Mandarin Rainbow Salad with Avocado Tahini Dressing
The sweet-tangy brightness of mandarin oranges and the rich crunch of pistachio nuts complete this hardy salad with a nice balance of taste and texture.
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, sliced thinly crosswise
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin strips
- 5 leaves of Swiss Chard, stems removed and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- A generous pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 mandarin orange, peeled and sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup shelled and toasted pistachios, lightly crushed
- 1 ripe large avocado
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Juice of 1 large mandarin orange
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- Prepare the dressing by blending all the ingredients in a food processor or blender until fully combined.
- Add water to your desired consistency.
- Mix all the salad ingredients, except mandarin orange and pistachios, in a large bowl and season with ground cumin, salt and pepper.
- Dress the salad and serve it topped with slices of mandarin orange and toasted pistachios.
Source, images, credits & more information: VermilionRoots