Cheesy Corn Fritters
Crispy on the edges, soft in the middle and so delicious, these little cheesy cakes are so easy to put together!
AUTHOR: Christina | Eat Well 101
- 2 cups of corn
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan, or cheese or your choice
- 1 handful cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoons oil
- Sour or heavy cream, for garnish
1. Mix the corn, cornmeal, flour, paprika, egg, parmesan, green onion, cilantro, lime juice in a large bowl. Add some water if the mixture is too dry.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon in a pan. Spoon the corn mixture into the pan to form patties and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Garnish with a dollop of cream. Enjoy!
Source, images, credits & more information: Eat Well 101