Bourbon Peach BBQ Baked Beans
It doesn’t get much more southern than these bourbon peach BBQ baked beans
AUTHOR: Tiegan | Half Baked Harvest
- 6 slices thick cut bacon chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans cannellini beans rinsed + drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans pinto beans rinsed + drained
- 2-3 ripe peaches chopped (use 2 if peaches are big, 3 if they are small)
- 1 ½ cups your favorite BBQ sauce
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3-1/2 cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (use this to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoons salt + pepper
- fresh basil for serving
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place an oven safe 3-5 quart Dutch oven or heavy bottom pot over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. If there is a lot of fat in the pot, drain off all but 1 tablespoon. To the bacon, add the cannellini beans, pinto beans, peaches, BBQ sauce, maple syrup, bourbon, balsamic dijon mustard, chipotle chili powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Give everything a good stir to combine.
Place in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until the sauce has thicken and is bubbly. Serve warm with fresh basil.
Source, images, credits & more information: Half Baked Harvest