This sangria is bubbly, sweet, tart and refreshing for a hot day
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped rhubarb
- 1 cup coarsely chopped strawberries
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 750-mL bottle chilled rosé wine
- 1 1/4 cups strawberry-rhubarb syrup
- 1 cup club soda
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- mint leaves
- ice, (optional)
- SYRUP: Combine sugar, water, rhubarb and strawberries in a medium saucepan. Boil over medium-high until the fruits turn mushy when pressed, 8 to 9 min. Strain, using the back of a spoon to press liquid out of fruit. Stir in lemon juice. Cool completely. Will keep, refrigerated, up to 1 week.
- SANGRIA: To serve, pour the wine, syrup, club soda and sliced strawberries into a pitcher. Add mint leaves and ice. Pour into glasses.
Source, image, credits & more information: Chatelaine