Work Wednesday: Brainerd
PSE MAIL PROCESSING CLERK
United States Postal Service
External Publication for Job Posting 10208063
If this job requires qualification on an examination, the number of applicants who will be invited to take or retake the examination may be limited.
Job Posting Period
06/30/2018 - 07/09/2018
This job has an exam requirement. Currently, applicants for this posting who do not yet have an exam score are being invited to take the exam. Examining will continue until capacity has been reached.
PSE MAIL PROCESSING CLERK
APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO WORK AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
401 LAUREL ST, BRAINERD, MN 56401
7757 COLLEGE RD, BAXTER, MN 56425
CONTACT INFORMATION: DAVID OWEN, SUPERVISOR, 218-822-3494, DAVID.OWEN@USPS.GOV
Title: PSE MAIL PROCESSING CLERK
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
Occupation Code: 2395-0018
Non-Scheduled Days: Varies
Postal Support Employees (PSE) hold temporary appointments for periods not-to-exceed 360 days. Subsequent
appointments after a 5 day break in service may be offered but are not guaranteed and should not be expected because the
use of PSEs is discretionary and subject to business needs.
PSEs can be scheduled any hours and the position is intended to be very flexible, including weekends and holidays as
needed. PSEs must be available to work when needed.
Non-career 360-day term with possibility of reappointment. May lead to career position. Benefits include paid time off at the
rate of 1 hour for every 20 hours in pay status, holiday pay for 6 holidays, and pay raises per APWU National Agreement.
Immediately eligible for the USPS Health Benefits Plan with a Postal premium contribution. Upon a conditional reappointment
to a second 360-day term after a break in service of no more than 5 days, eligible for: health insurance under FEHB with
Postal premium contributions towards the APWU CDHP; dental and vision insurance through FEDVIP; flexible spending
accounts through FSAFEDS and long term care insurance through the FLTCIP. May receive Wounded Warrior leave
provided eligibility criteria are met.
SALARY RANGE: $17.19 per hour paid bi-weekly
FINANCE NUMBER: 261100
Persons Eligible to Apply
All U.S. Citizens, permanent resident aliens, citizens of American Samoa or any other territory owing allegiance to the United
States. Applicants must be available for screening activities, including an interview. Applicants entitled to veterans’
preference and/or covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act may apply for any posted position.
Applicants must apply online at www.usps.com/employment to be considered for this employment opportunity. You must
have a valid email address to apply as communication regarding employment opportunities, examinations, interviews and
background checks will be conveyed by email. Please add the following email domain addresses to your contact list to allow
all correspondences to be received.
@usps.gov @psionline.com @geninfo.com @uspis.gov
EXAM REQUIRED: If you are invited to take this test, instructions regarding the exam process will be sent to you via email.
Please ensure you can receive email messages from our test vendor and follow instructions carefully so you can be considered for this employment opportunity.
NOTICE SCREENINGS REQUESTED: You may receive multiple requests for background checks in regards to this employment opportunity. Respond to all requests quickly as we anticipate filling our vacancies quickly and nonresponses may result in disqualification for this opportunity.
Current non-career Postal Service employees who wish to apply for this vacancy must go to usps.com/employment and use your existing eCareer Profile to apply. Do not log into LiteBlue; if you logged into LiteBlue, log out and close your browser before going to usps.com/employment.
Performs a variety of clerk duties required to process mail using automated mail processing equipment or manual methods of sortation and distribution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Makes one or more sortations of outgoing and/or incoming mail using the appropriate sort program or manual distribution scheme.
2. On a rotation basis, performs all of the following duties: loads mail onto automated equipment, culling out non-processable items; enters sort plan and starts equipment; monitors flow of mail to ensure continuous feed; sweeps separated mail from bins stackers; and stops equipment when distribution run or operation is completed. Runs machine reports, clears jams and contacts maintenance for assistance when required.
3. Prepares work area, ensuring all necessary support equipment and materials, including labels, trays, and other containers, are in place.
4. Removes sorted mail from bins or separations and places into appropriate trays or containers for further processing or dispatch based on knowledge of operating plans and dispatch schedules, or at the instruction of supervisors or expediters; may riffle or verify mail to ensure sortation accuracy as needed.
5. In addition, may perform any of the following duties: provide service at public window for non-financial transactions; maintain records of mails; examine balances in advance deposit accounts; and record and bill mail requiring special service.
6. Follows established safe work methods, procedures and safety precautions while performing all duties.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
PSE Mail Processing Clerks perform a variety of clerical duties in mail processing and retail/customer services to support day to day operations.
Duties are physically demanding requiring moderate to heavy lifting, carrying, prolonged standing, walking and reaching.
PSEs may be required to handle heavy sacks of mail/parcels, sort & distribute incoming/outgoing mail, and work at a service window selling postal products & services to customers. Applicants must be able to perform the duties of the position with or without accommodation.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
The United States Postal Service has the following excellent and challenging employment opportunity for highly motivated
and innovative individuals. Successful candidates must demonstrate through a combination of education, training, and
experience the following requirements:
1. BARGAINING UNIT QUALIFICATION STANDARD 2315_PSE (2395-0018) PSE MAIL PROCESSING CLERK
DOCUMENT DATE: April 18, 2016
FUNCTION: Performs a variety of clerk duties required to process mail using mail processing equipment or manual methods of sortation and distribution.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK: See the Standard Position Description for the Occupation Code given above.
REQUIREMENTS: There are no separately evaluated knowledge, skill, or ability requirements for this position.
EXAMINATION REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must successfully complete Postal Service Test 473, which includes the following measures of job-related knowledge, skills, and abilities: A. Address Checking B. Forms Completion C. Coding & Memory D. Personal Characteristics and Experience Inventory
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of the position, which require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending, and reaching, and may involve the handling of heavy containers of mail and parcels weighing up to 70 pounds
ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS: Mail Processing Clerks must work their assigned tour and days of work often within an industrial plant environment. Mail Processing Clerks must follow Postal Service policies and procedures for personal conduct at work, including adhering to rules and regulations.
Mail Processing Clerks at any time may be assigned to provide service to the public. They must maintain a neat and professional appearance and demeanor in such interactions, including wearing a uniform when required.
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service's requirement to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Central Time, of the posting's closing date. Applicants claiming veterans'
preference must attach a copy of member copy 4 (only) of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form
214) or other proof of eligibility if claiming 10-point veterans' preference. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an
equal opportunity employer. The USPS provides reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interview, and/or
selection process, please make your request to the examiner, selecting official or local manager of Human Resources. This request can also be made by someone on your behalf. Explain the nature of your limitations and the accommodation needed. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
SPECIAL NOTE: Current career Postal Service employees are ineligible to apply to this posting.
Easily apply: UnitedStatesPostalService
Ramp Operations Agent
Ramp Operations Agent
(Job Number: 01CHG)
Position Summary :
Under the supervision of the supervisor or manager on duty employee, Operations Agents are responsible for coordinating critical information among pilots, gate agents and ground crew concerning the weight and balance and flight load of the aircraft to ensure a safe and on-time departure. Operations Agents are also responsible for performing Ramp Agent duties such as loading and unloading passenger baggage, airmail, freight and Company material to and from the aircraft.
- Reads and analyzes flight, fuel and payload distribution records of the number of passengers, pieces of luggage, and amount of freight and fuel to determine the weight and balance of the aircraft.
- Receives and communicates information from and to pilots, ground crew, flight dispatchers, and fuelers in an accurate, professional and timely manner.
- Completes paperwork, daily logs and forms pertaining to procedures of flight departures/arrivals, statistical reports on each flight and enters the information into the computer system.
- Notifies ground crew when flights are in range of arrival to allow time to prepare for flight arrival and irregular operations as required.
- Prepares dispatch release forms and collects weather reports.
- Arranges fueling for the aircraft as needed.
- Maintains all FAA required files for compliance auditing.
- Advises Ramp Agents on the distribution of the flight load.
- Notifies teams of off-load messages for baggage, airmail and freight.
- Communicates via two-way radio to ground crew, gate agents and flight crews.
- Operations Agents must also be qualified Ramp Agents to assist in ramp operations when needed.
This description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Particular functions, tasks and requirements may vary or be added depending upon the location and operational requirements. The text on this site does not represent a contract of employment and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
DAL Global Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Vets/Disabled
Primary Location United States of America-Minnesota-Brainerd
Starting Hourly Rate 9.50
Easily apply: Delta
Advantage PCA Services and Senior Care
Advantage PCA and Senior Care of Brainerd is seeking a full time Receptionist/Office Assistant to join our professional office team. We are a trusted, statewide Home Care and PCA Provider. We are a licensed and certified agency providing Home Care Services to children and adults throughout Minnesota.
The ideal candidate is well organized, confident, able to multitask, portrays excellent communication skills, works efficiently alone and in a team setting, can calmly handle stressful situations and is well experienced in a fast-paced office setting.
- Greet and assist office visitors
- Answer phones, direct calls
- Assist with client schedules
- Follow up with clients and employees
- Maintain client and employee files
- Generate letters, emails, reports and copies
- Assume responsibility for maintenance of office equipment including computers, copy machines, etc.
- Prioritize and problem solve
- Other general administrative duties
- Create new forms
- Follow company policy and procedures
- Special projects
- Proficient in Microsoft office with emphasis on Word/Excel
- Strong customer service skills
- Detail orientated
- Successful experience in an office setting
- Ability to relate and communicate with diverse populations and groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take direction well
- Ability to adhere to the highest level of professional standards and strict confidentiality
- Proper business etiquette
- Enthusiastic, motivated and eager to learn
- Ability to adapt well to changes
- Must have a valid MN driver’s license and pass a criminal background check
- Paid Sick Time
- Holiday Pay
- Hourly position
- Full time position Monday through Friday
We encourage all qualified applicants to forward your resume through indeed, call 218-838-4543 or stop by our office located at 624 NW 5th Street Brainerd.
Job Type: Full-time
- Secretarial/office: 3 years
- Brainerd, MN
Easily apply: Advantage PCA Services & Senior Care
Randall State Bank
Randall State Bank is seeking qualified individual as a Relationship Banker in our new Brainerd Branch location. The position will be full time. The Relationship Banker is responsible for processing customer transactions for a variety of products and services, and upholding Randall State Banks promise to provide accurate, fast and friendly customer service. Establish and solidify customer relationships by understanding their evolving needs and providing solutions for the right products and services. Uphold Randall State Banks customer service expectations of being helpful, knowledgeable, and respectful while interacting with customers and coworkers. Offer appropriate financial solutions to help customers save, transact, and borrow. Resolve customer concerns through quality service and product knowledge.
Major Areas of Accountability:
Build long-standing relationships with Randall State Bank customers by providing excellent customer service and maintaining thorough knowledge of all products Randall State Bank offers. Build customer trust and loyalty by proficiently answering customer’s questions; explaining policies thoroughly, and fulfilling customer needs.
Serve as a Randall State Bank ambassador to the Brainerd Lakes Area and Randall State Bank product and service expert. Promote a positive image of Randall State Bank with each customer every time.
Efficiently gather customer information, identify financial needs, and educate the customer on Randall State Bank products and services. Make appropriate recommendations to the customer to meet their financial priorities. Promote Randall State Bank products, services, and programs.
Consult with customers on specific account needs; convey rates, service charges and restrictions, and offer available programs to improve the customer experience.
Process transactions and engage in sales while communicating professionally, clearly and confidently. Perform services including wire transfers, customer information changes, death claims, accurate processing of IRA distributions/contributions, loan payment processing, and Regulation E and fraud claim resolution, adhering to Randall State Bank policies and Federal regulations.
Consistently seek out prospective customers through referrals, affinity partners, community involvement, telemarketing, and direct mail programs.
Balance cash drawer daily according to established procedures, locate and/or correct errors or missing information. Maintain accurate balancing/loss record that meets Randall State Banks policy.
Assist the loan processing area with booking and funding loans on the system, performing check backs on booked loans, reviewing loan files to ensure accuracy, completion and that they are up to date and updating the real estate tax listing.
High school degree or GED, or working towards completion.
Six months proven service results in a customer centric, results-driven environment. Ability to demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm for providing excellent customer service skills.
Effective communication (verbal and non-verbal), interpersonal skills, and active listening skills. Ability to engage with customers; begin a conversation, build rapport, and handle objections. Comfortable asking customers about their personal finances.
Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally while servicing customers.
Highly developed skills and commitment to customer satisfaction.
Ability to perform necessary calculations; proficient in basic computer skills.
Previous customer contact/sales experience.
Six months or more of cash handling experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Cash Handling: 1 year
- High school or equivalent
Easily apply: Randall Sate Bank
Come grow with Bang! Bang Printing, a CJK Group company, is Minnesota's fastest growing book manufacturer. We offer complete book printing, binding and fulfillment services to our customers. This year, we were awarded Best Workplace in the Americas designation: Best of the Best! We offer a friendly work environment, steady work, and solid benefits – health/dental/401k, paid vacation, life insurance and more.
*Full-time positions are available for day shift: 7am – 3pm or 8am– 4pm, Monday – Friday, some overtime required.*
A Fulfillment Associate performs the proper execution of the picking and packing process, to include filtering, scanning, and packing books from the warehouse for shipping.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Promptly organize packing materials as they are received into shipping department
- Prepare shipments for UPS, Fed Ex, and pickups as needed
- Help maintaining a clean, professional, safe, and friendly work environment
- Restock items as needed from bulk inventory or alert manager
- Maintain aisles and stock boxes, keeping clear of clutter and debris
- Notifies manager of any stock or barcode errors
- Assists with kitting and receiving departments as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Ability to use a computer and learn software
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to read, understand, and follow written instructions
- Walk or stand on cement floors for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Bending, twisting, squatting, pulling and pushing throughout the day
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), holiday, vacation, and more. Employees have the opportunity for a pay increase with a performance review at 60 days, 6 months, 1 year, and then annually.
We promote from within and are adding new shifts as we grow! If you’re looking to grow with a company, we want to grow with you. Bang Printing offers many opportunities for advancement as well as overtime.
Bang Printing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
Easily apply: Band Printing