PEACHES AND CREAM POPS
This Peaches & Cream Pop is sure to cool you down on a hot summer day!
AUTHOR: Ashley | SugarandCloth
- 2 cups chopped fresh peaches
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp sugar + ⅛ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- Combine water and ½ sugar in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. When it comes to a boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, until all the sugar is melted. Set aside and let cool– this will be your simple syrup.
- Next, combine the fresh peaches and about 2 tb water in a saucepan over medium heat. Crush the peaches gently with a potato masher or wooden spoon as the pan is heating up. You want to make sure you don’t burn the peaches, but heat them enough to let them juice. When the peaches are mostly just clumps, strain the mixture over a bowl and keep the juice. Add the simple syrup to the peaches until it’s sweetened to your liking– I used about ¾ of the syrup.
- Lastly, we’ll create the cream mixture. Mix together the greek yogurt, milk, and 1 tbsp sugar and vanilla. Then it’s time to create the pops! Alternate pouring the peach mixture and cream mixture into the popsicle mold, freezing for 20 minutes in between each layer.
Source, images, credits & more information: SugarandCloth