STRAWBERRY-KIWI FROZEN MOJITOS
A ton of fruit, a generous “splash” of rum, a little sweet simple syrup, and the fresh boost of mint, all blended up with ice cubes for a few glasses of frozen comfort on a hot August day.
AUTHOR: Morgan | HostTheToast
- 1 ½ cups chopped strawberries, frozen
- 1 ½ cups chopped kiwi, frozen
- 3 tablespoons simple syrup, divided
- 8 fresh mint leaves, divided
- 3 ounces rum, divided
- 3 ½ cups crushed ice, divided
- Strawberry and kiwi slices, to garnish
- Mint leaves, to garnish
- In a blender, combine the 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries, 1 1/2 tablespoons simple syrup, 4 mint leaves, one shot of rum, and 1 3/4 cups of crushed ice (if you have whole cubes, crush them in the blender first). Blend until well combined and slushy-like.
- Pour the strawberry mojito into 3 (8 oz) glasses, filling half-way.
- Rinse out the blender jug and combine the remaining 1 1/2 cups chopped kiwi, 1 1/2 tablespoons simple syrup, 4 mint leaves, shot of rum, and 1 3/4 cups crushed ice. Blend to desired consistency.
- Pour the kiwi mojito over the strawberry mojito.
- Garnish with kiwi, strawberry, and mint.
- Serve immediately.
Source, images, credits & more information: HostTheToast